Sunday 11 May 2014

Made up with the Make Up Kit Part 1 - Lea Michelle



So myself and fellow blogger and pal Terrible Tumbles have decided to do a series called Made up with the Make Up Kit. The idea is that I recreate the look of a celebrity on myself as a professional make up artist and Emma (Terrible Tumbles) recreates the look herself. 

The first look we're going for is from Lea Michelle. The look keeps the eyes simple with all the emphasis on the fuscia lips.


So here's how I did it.....

1. Prep freshly cleanesed skin by applying a primer all over your face. I used Laura Geller tinted speckle  in Champaigne (available at QVC).


2. Apply foundation all over the face ensuring it's blended well into the neckline. I used Benefit Hello Flawless brightening make up in Champaigne. Cover any imperfections with concealer, it's important the base for this look is flawless. I used Benefit boi-ing concealer 01 under my eyes to cover dark circles and 02 on my cheeks to cover spot marks. I finished the base by applying Benefit Hello Flawless powder in Me vain, Champaigne.


3. Next I applied an eye primer to the eyelid. This helps eyeshadow stay in place and nutralises any colour on the eye lid. I used MAC Painterly paint pot. To define my brows I used Benefit Brows-ago-go. 
On the eye lid I applied a neutral beige shade all over the lid up to the brow bone. I used MAC eyeshadow in Shroom. To the lid I then applied gold eyeshadow and blended it into the crease line. I finished the eyes with a thin line of Maybelline lasting drama gel liner in black on the top lash line and two coats of LancĂ´me Hypnose volume mascara in black.



4. I contoured my cheekbones by applying a matt bronzer to the area underneath my cheek bones. The best way to do this it to suck your cheeks in, apply to the hollow and blend well so there sure no harsh lines. I used MAC blush in Harmony. To the apples of my cheeks I applied a mid pink blush and blended up my cheek bones and into the hair line. I used MAC blush in Margin. 


5. This look is all about the lips. Any fuscia/bright pink colour will work, this can be creamy, Matte or sheer. I have quite small lips which intense lip colour can quite often make look smaller. For this reason I chose Clinique chubby stick in 15 pudgy peony, a creamy moisturising sheer colour, and applied a couple of coats blotting between layers.

6. I finished the look by highlighting my cheekbones with MAC highlighter creame in Hush Frost.


This look is simple to achieve with make up you'll already have in your make up kit. It's a great universal look that will suit all colourings and look amazing on a big night out.

Now let's see how easy the look is to recreate, over to you Terrible Tumbles.....








No comments:

Post a Comment